Using picture books to engage children is a key strategy for helping them deal with varying and strong emotions. Here are some of the NAEYC’s recommended children’s books for doing just that:
- Calm-Down Time/Momento para calmarse by Elizabeth Verdick
- Cool Down and Work Through Anger by Cheri J. Meiners
- F is for Feelings by Goldie Millar and Lisa A. Berger
- Happy Hippo, Angry Duck: A Book of Moods by Sandra Boynton
- How to Take the Grrr Out of Anger by Elizabeth Verdick and Marjorie Lisovskis
Thanks to the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) for these great resources.